INFORMATION WE HOLD
When you use our website and/or purchase products from us you may provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, address, fax and telephone numbers and email address ("personal information"). We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You are entitled to ask us to correct or update your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.You consent to us transferring our personal information to any third party if that third party acquires substantially all of our assets.
You consent to us transferring your personal information to any countries outside the UK provided that we get comfort that similar levels of data protection as in the UK shall apply to your personal information.
We (and our representatives and sub-contractors) may use your personal information to process your order, deal with your queries and for the purposes of record keeping. You consent to such use.
You acknowledge that many parts of the service provided on the site are provided by third-party service providers and not by us. You consent to us transferring your personal information to such third-party service providers for the purposes of processing your order, dealing with your queries and for the purposes of record keeping.
We may contact you from time to time to tell you about our goods and services similar to the ones you have enquired about. If you do not want us to do so you can "opt out" by indicating this when submitting forms on the site or by writing to us or emailing us at any time.
We may wish to contact you from time to time to tell you about our other goods and services and/or provide information to third parties so that they can contact you from time to time to tell you about their goods and services. If you want us to do so you can "opt in" by indicating this when submitting forms on the site or by writing to us or emailing you at any time.
We may collect the following information:
- Name – so we know what should we call you
- Email address – so we can email you your order confirmations, delivery details, exciting offers etc
- Billing address – for the purposes of validating your card (for your security and ours)
- Delivery address – so we know where to deliver your purchased products
- Telephone number – so we can contact you if we have a any problem with your order
- Credit card details – we only ask for these when you place an order and they are processed via Shopify and PayPal
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- The Cotton Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to constantly improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about our new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
SECURITY & PRIVACY
The site has numerous security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control such as password and firewalls. We cannot, however, guarantee that these measures are, or will remain, adequate. We do, however, take data security very seriously and will use all reasonable endeavours to protect the integrity of the information you provide.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is safe and secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information, we have put in place suitable physical, technical and process procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. We use two main types of Cookies:
Necessary Session Cookies: These are temporary pieces of information which are erased once you exit your Web Browser window or you turn your computer off. These are used as a sort of “bookmark” for you so the site can:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure.
- Recall your details when you log in to complete an order.
Functional Cookies: These are more permanent pieces of information that are stored on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete your cookies. Most sites will use these types of cookies. They are from third parties such as Google Analytics. Google Analytics doesn’t track your personal data; however, it does track anonymously what pages you have visited. This helps us to:
- Understand how you use the site and what you find most interesting
- Understand where and how you found us
Functional cookies also help you to:
- Share pages with social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
We do not share any personal information with third parties and are purely used to enhance your user experience.
You can clear, prevent or delete cookies within your particular Internet Browser by going to Browser Tools or by searching Cookies in the help page.
Certain parts of the site use "cookies" to keep track of your visit and to help you navigate between sections. A cookie is a small data file that certain websites store on your computer's hard drive when you visit them. They can contain information such as your user ID and the pages you have visited.
If you do not want your visit to the website to be tracked by our cookies, you can set your internet browser and/or firewall to disable them.
Unfortunately, this may have a negative effect on your use of the site. Please refer to your internet browser help file to see how to disable and/or delete cookies on your PC.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to our customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
OTHER WEBSITES LINKS
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
GOVERNING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at customerservice@The-Cotton.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
The Cotton London Ltd
160 Kemp House City Road EC1V 2NX
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.